by Dad
As a first-time Dad, I am oblivious to any or many baby-related facts.
Sometimes my ignorance is bliss.
Take how I kinda sorta knew he would eventually crawl. Here’s this littl’ fella that I’m holding for weeks since his birth eight months ago, and I’m never letting him out of my arms unless he’s cradled on my breast with the “Bjorn” pack papoose carrier.
Then, suddenly, within a couple of weeks the cocoon opened. He opened his wings, pumped his legs a few times, and, presto: He’s crawling all over the house.
Guess it’s either time to clean the carpet or get a new one. Good luck, you’re saying, because you know we have a (shedding) dog. Got me there. Guess we’ll add weekly vacuuming to our overloaded repetoire.
Even better was Avi’s visit to the KinderMusik on Wednesday past. No session occurred the previous week due to Spring Break. But, this session, as soon as the bell rang, it was obvious that Avi was a Little Insect Transformed. You could say the metamorphosis of Avi began Tax Day, 2008.
Only I’m getting a rebate this year. It may sound trite, but I’m my own collection agency who is open for business with 24/7 curiosity and fascination with my Little Prince. My interest in him is accruing pride and joy as I watch change each day.
Besides, just to show you I’m not a doting New Dad whose mesmerization has deluded my judgment, you should have seen the other mothers likewise notice the evolution of Avi. “He crawls so well” was the least enthusiastic critique.
Well, my time’s up. Gotta get to the Craigslist and eBay ads. Bring credit card. Crawling baby means baby-proofing measures. Let the auction begin.
The scroll of our lives now reads non-stop: “It’s 11 am (or any other hour of the day), so do you know WHERE your Little Avi is located?
Actually, “no.” He was just here a minute ago. Somewhere. Then he crawled away.

2 comments:
Avi you need to get knee pads if you're gonna run marathons while crawling.....You're a cutie!
Anon from Wisconsin Pointster
Crawling? Wow. Soon you'll be standing up, Avi!
Big Bro' from WI
Post a Comment